Külmkapp Isotherm Cruise 65L ASU
Isotherm Cruise Refrigerators offer innovative, reliable and energy-efficient refrigeration system solutions designed exclusively for sailing yachts and motor cruisers.
- High quality construction using corrosion-resistant materials
- Fan-cooled 12 / 24 Volt Danfoss compressor with low power consumption, quiet operation
- Installation frame (flange) and interior light included as standard equipment
- Right-hand or left-hand side opening options (right / left door swing)
- Classic models feature replaceable door panels (black or white standard)
- Stainless steel models have complete stainless steel door, handle and flange
- Separate freezer compartment (except Drink versions)
- Innovative Isotherm door handle prevents door from being accidentally opened
- Magnetic rubber seals keep moisture out and door firmly closed
- One-piece inner lining of food-quality, high density plastic
- Corner-mount, air cooled compressors and right-sized freezer compartments for optimum storage of refrigerated items
- Remote-mount compressor on models CR 36, 40 CUBE, and 42 allow for easy fit in tight locations
- Cruise CR 65 Classic Refrigerator / Freezer with ASU – Model No. 1065EE1CA000
- Refrigerator Type: Cabinet
- Interior Light: Yes
- Mount: Built-In / Proud ¹
- Total Volume / Capacity: 2.3 cu. ft.
- Freezer Volume: 0.1 cu. ft.
- Low Freezer Temperature: 21°F
- Door Swing: Right
- Compressor: Built-in Danfoss / Secop BD35F
- Voltage: 12 / 24 Volt DC
- Current Draw:
- Compressor Running: 2.5 – 2.7 Amp @ 12 Volt DC (half at 24 Volt DC)
- Average: 0.7 Amp @ 12 Volt DC ²
- Fuse: 15 Amp for 12 Volt DC / 7.5 Amp for 24 Volt DC
- Includes Automatic Start Up (ASU)
- Door and 3-Sided Flange Color: Black
- Door Front Panel Color: Gray
- Operating Ambient Temperature Range: 32°F – 113°F
- Dimensions (Cut-Out): 20.8″ H x 17.7″ W x 19.7″ D
Isotherm ASU charges the holding plate while the engine is running.
The patented ASU system has now been available for more than 20 years and has been installed on tens of thousands of boats worldwide. The ASU system starts the compressor when the engine is running and extra power is available to freeze the holding plate completely. The energy stored in the holding plate acts like an a block of ice which keeps the refrigerator cold for longer periods. This keeps the compressor from running, which saves battery power. Once the stored cold is completely consumed, the compressor starts to run for short periods at a slower speed to maintain the required temperature in the box. The slower speed also acts to save battery power. With its unique principle of operation – the patented ASU “Automatic Start Up” system – Isotherm ASU has an important competitive advantage over traditional refrigerators.
ASU – Automatic Start Up
This unique system is designed to automatically start the compressor at full speed when the engine is running and plenty of power is available. The ASU electronics control the three-phase Danfoss compressor with full-range speed control and achieves a quicker freezing of the holding plate. By taking advantage of the surplus energy generated by the alternator when the engine is running, the ASU feature takes advantage of the surplus power when it is available. The ASU system is perfect for sailing vessels under typical cruising conditions when boats uses engines leaving and entering anchorages, then sailing all day. The ASU system also is perfect for solar panels and takes advantage of their maximum output during the day. ASU sytems are availbable in select cabinet refrigerators.